Sage Evolution: World-Class Accounting Software
Sage Evolution is world-class accounting software developed in South Africa for South African businesses. You don’t need to change settings or make adjustments. It is SA ready, complies with South Africa’s exacting accounting standards and can be used as is. Support is readily available.
Sage Evolution manages all the operational aspects of your business. Boosting efficiency and productivity, it enables you to control your financials and the relationships with your customers, suppliers, and employees. Developed within the Sage Evolution Framework, all components and modules are fully integrated. And they share a common interface, providing you with a consistent user experience.
Data integrity is assured with Microsoft® SQL Server, and all your data is secured in a central database. As a core management system, Sage Evolution is feature-rich, and its add-on modules make it a truly revolutionary software solution.
Why choose Sage Evolution?
Control all business operations
Access simple and customisable reporting
Sage Evolution Intelligence Reporting gives you control over what data is filtered into your periodic reporting.
Manipulate accumulated data to recognise trends and gain insight, which can be used to inform new business decisions and identify potential areas for growth.
Developed for you
A uniquely African solution, Sage Evolution is an accounting and business management solution that has been built for compliance with SARS and South African accounting standards.
Low ownership costs
Sage Evolution is quick to set up and deploy, with less time needed for configuration and training. This means our clients are spared from expensive installation, integration, and support fees.
Full integration for one reliable management experience
Powered by MS SQL Express and given a consistent user interface, Sage Evolution’s functional integration allows for additional modules to be added to the core accounting package – for a scalable, flexible solution for your specific business needs.
As your business grows, operational modules can be added to suit your unique business environment.
Furthermore, it is also possible to integrate specific customised software solutions with Sage Evolution.
Speak to us should you require a unique application to tie in with your system.
Get Sage Evolution Now!
Sage 3rd party development
We develop unique solutions that integrate with Sage Evolution.
Go further with add-on modules
Bank Statement Manager
This module allows for the cash book to be electronically populated when a bank statement is imported where large volumes of transactions are processed. Once verified, the information can be updated to a cash book batch and then to the general ledger. The bank statements are acquired by using a download facility that’s provided by each of the four major banks in South Africa (ABSA, First National Bank, Standard Bank, Nedbank). Supported formats include OFC, CSV and ASCII.
The advantages of using this module include the instant processing and coding of accounts once the initial process of assigning recurring coding has taken place; and the process of reconciliation and account coding is virtually guaranteed. Another benefit exists for transactions where the codes have been assigned as per the relevant accounts. Codes need not be assigned a second time – only new transactions have to be coded in the months to follow.
Bill of Materials
Together with the Inventory module, the Sage Pastel Partner Bill of Materials module gives you access to two related functions: Bill of Materials and Kit Item Codes. With the Bill of Materials module, you can build, assemble, or manufacture any inventory item using other inventory items as parts or components. The Kit Item Codes allow for the specification of one code on an invoice, and the system leads multiple invoice lines that can include inventory items and remark lines. You can also create Bills of Materials or Kit Item Codes with an unlimited number of components.
Up to three non-inventory additional costs associated with the Bill of Materials can be created, for example, labour, freight and overhead costs, per Bill of Material. When you manufacture you can remove component items and create manufactured items.
Reporting for the Bill of Materials module includes:
- An audit trail
- Material requirements to determine whether there are sufficient components on hand to manufacture
- Components used in Bill of Materials / Kit Item Codes to track inventory items (components) allocated to a finished inventory item (manufactured product).
With Sage Evolution Multi-Currency you can process customer and supplier transactions in their currency. It allows you to track foreign currency, customer and supplier values in both the foreign and home currency. You can view balances and transactions in either currency at any time. You can maintain separate buy and sell rates for each currency. Sage Evolution Multi-Currency maintains a history of exchange rates so that you can process transactions at earlier dates using the most accurate exchange rate. When you process customer receipts or supplier payments, Sage Evolution uses the current exchange rate to calculate any foreign exchange profit or loss, which is automatically posted. In addition Sage Evolution Multi-Currency allows you to:
- Process and print customer and supplier sales and purchase documents in foreign currency or home currency.
- Print customer and supplier statements, age analysis and transaction reports using foreign currency or home currency
- Process foreign currency cashbook transactions.
Fixed assets are physical items such as desks, computers, cars, and machinery which you acquire to run your business. South African Company Law requires that you keep a register of your business’ fixed assets as part of its accounting records. However, business fixed asset management can be tedious and time-consuming. As you use assets, they depreciate or become obsolete. You can legally expense depreciation in your accounts for tax purposes. Sage Pastel’s fixed asset tracking software module takes care of all of this for you.
Managing your fixed assets includes the following tasks:
- Tracking each asset’s value, both from a tax and an accounting point of view
- Depreciating assets correctly using an appropriate depreciation rate and method
- Updating the replacement values of your fixed assets for insurance purposes
- Maintaining an accurate fixed assets register which records information such as: date of purchase; date of disposal; purchase price; accumulated depreciation and net book value
- The Sage Evolution Fixed Assets software module automates all these processes for you
- Once you provide the initial information, the fixed asset management system takes over and manages your assets for you. One of the realities of fixed assets processing is that companies frequently change depreciation rules as legislation allows and as company policy changes. Some changes are retroactive to when you purchased the asset. Sage Evolution Fixed Assets calculates its values dynamically from the start of each asset’s life, which makes retroactive changes simple. Imagine the time required to accurately programme all this yourself into a spreadsheet!
*Sage Evolution Fixed Assets can be used in conjunction with the core Sage Evolution Accounting system or can be purchased as a stand-alone product
Streamline your inventory management and warehouse management with Sage Pastel’s warehousing software (Sage Pastel Partner Multi-Warehousing module)
Set-up and use multiple stores or warehouses with the Sage Pastel Partner Multi-Warehousing module
Working with multiple stores is almost identical to working with normal inventory or stock. The only difference is that each time you want to access an inventory item, you must specify the store in which the item exists. Sage Pastel’s warehouse management software makes it easy to track and control inventory items.
Some of the features include:
- Ability to link users to one or more stores and prevent users from accessing items in other stores
- Creation of up to 999 stores with an unlimited number of inventory items per store
- The same inventory item code can exist in different stores and will share all item fields except quantities, cost prices, selling prices and reorder information
- Ability to copy selling prices from one store to another, per item per store
- Ability to transfer items between stores using a Store Transfer Journal
- Inventory reports will allow you to filter on stores
Serial Number Tracking
Track items from the moment of purchase to sale with Sage Pastel’s Serial Number Tracking Module
Sage Pastel Partner Serial Number Tracking allows you to track items from the moment you purchase or manufacture them to the time you sell them. With this stock control software module, inventory management even extends to you being able to track the item for warranty purposes should it be returned to you for repairs.
Each item has its own unique serial number
With Sage Pastel’s inventory control software, Serial Number History allows one to view movement history for serial number items. With Serial Number Listing, the serial number per inventory item, along with its status can be viewed.
Use the Serial Number Tracking Module with other Add-On modules: Multi-Stores and Bill of Materials
By using the Multi-Stores module, you can transfer serialised inventory items between stores. Use of the Bill of Materials module allows manufacture into serialised items.
This module adds great flexibility to Sage Evolution’s standard pricing feature. With this module you can not only create volume-based or time-based price breaks you can specify discounts by customer or group of customers. In addition you can design unlimited discount variations, such as multiple discounts per customer per stock item, and discounts per stock group while having the ability to override discounts on processing invoices.
Sage Evolution CRM
Traditionally termed ‘CRM’ or “Contact Management”, Sage Evolution CRM is core to the Sage Evolution system’s functionality. Sage Sage Evolution CRM has taken the concept of traditional Contact Management much further by weaving it into the very fibre of the Sage Evolution accounting system, thus elevating accounting software to its next logical state allowing you to not only capture numbers, but also what we refer to as business activities. Activity data is integrated and presented together with the numbers providing a holistic view of your business instead of a numbers only view. This integration provides you with the ability to control not only your financial situation but your relationships with your customers, suppliers and employees. Any issue that takes place in a business, and is important enough to be tracked, is recorded as an Incident in Sage Evolution CRM.
Sage Evolution CRM will track all Incidents to their conclusion or until they are closed off. The Evolution system stores Incidents even after they have been closed, allowing you to track a history of events as they occurred, as far back as you wish.
There are two versions of Sage Evolution CRM:
Sage Evolution CRM Standard contains basic incident tracking. This module must be purchased in conjunction with the core Sage Evolution accounting system.
Sage Evolution CRM Premium contains more advanced features such as Sales Force Automation, Business Gateway, Calendar, Workflow processing, Incident Graphs, Escalations and Contract Invoicing and now also Microsoft Outlook Integration. This module can be purchased as a stand-alone product.
The process of creating a payment or receipt voucher is an essential function for many businesses and the Voucher Management module helps streamline and automate these processes. This module is suitable for clubs, schools and other organisations where money is collected from members, students or customers and documented proof is required for audit and record purposes.
Main features in Sage Evolution Voucher Management
– Role base authorisations, permissions and discretionary limits per user.
– Process Accounts Receivable receipts.
– Process Accounts Payable payment advices.
– Process General Ledger receipts and/or payments.
– Support for multi-currency accounts.
– Customisable receipts and payment voucher layouts.
– Capture and save receipts and payments for future processing.
– Maintain and print audit trials.
What’s new in Sage Evolution Business Gateway?
• Entirely new technology platform
o The previous system was written using older technology which got in the way of new development.
o The new system is written using current best-practise technology and techniques which will make system maintenance.
• Focus on ease of installation
o The previous system was very difficult to install. Installers needed fairly advanced knowledge of IIS and Component services.
o The new system is much simpler to set up.
New feature highlights
• Dashboard landing page – provides a quick overview of current tasks and progress.
• Fully mobile – screens and charts can be viewed on devices like smartphones and tablets. Flash charts fall back to html5 so that they can still display on devices that don’t support flash.
• Statement drill-downs – this was the most requested feature for the previous version.
• Procurement – PO approvals provides access to approving managers that are rarely in the office.
• Much more administrative information and control.
• Create incidents
• Monitor existing incidents and provide feedback
• View and search knowledge base articles
• View customer statements
• Drill down into invoices
• View linked products and contracts
• Update account details
Sage Evolution Agents
• Create incidents
• Work with existing incidents (action, update, close, workflow)
• Inventory details including images and full pricing and stock information
• Agent directory (internal lookup of basic staff info)
• View contract information
• View and update customer information
• View and update people information
• Procurement purchase order authorisations
• View and search knowledge base articles
Mobile Sales Reps – Web app targeted at smartphones (cross-platform)
• Basic incident management (simple versions of create, action, update, close, workflow)
• View customers
o Basic details
o Open incidents
o Recent Transactions
• View inventory
o Basic details
o Stock including warehouse stock
• Sales orders / Quotations